- Han Named Associate Editor of Microelectronics Reliability
The journal publishes papers on reliability of microelectronic devices, circuits and systems.
- Han Receives Brain and Behavior Initiative Seed Grant
New research could use retinal function as diagnostic biomarker in schizophrenia emergence and treatment.
- Han Receives ASME Mechanics Award
Professor Bongtae Han named 2016 recipient of ASME’s Electronic & Photonic Packaging Division Mechanics Award.
- Han and Colleagues Win ICEPT 15 Outstanding Paper Award
Han and colleagues receive the Outstanding Paper Award at the 16th International Conference on Electronic Packaging Technology.
- Professor Han was awarded a DARPA project focusing on optimizing the thermal and thermo-mechanical characteristics of cryogenic microcoolers. May 2015
- Dae-Suk received an Honorable Mention in Mechanical Engineering from the 21st Samsung Human-Tech Thesis Competition. Feb. 2015
- Kenny Mahan won the Best Student Presentation Award at the Fall CALCE Consortium Meeting. Fall 2012
- Article about Prof. Y. Wang. Dec. 2010
- Bong-Min’s PhD research work has been recognized in the following GE press release (mentioned as “As part of the DOE project, GE and the research team of Professors Bongtae Han and Avram Bar-Cohen at the University of Maryland’s A. James Clark School of Engineering have developed …”). Oct. 2010
- Ari received the ME best thesis award. April 2009
- Bongtae Han elected Fellow of ASME
ENME faculty member chosen for significant contributions to more precise measurement of electronics.
- Goswami Earns Ann G. Wylie Dissertation Fellowship Award
Competitive award final step in Ph.D. student’s academic career.
- CALCE-Hanyang University Cooperation Established
In June a cooperative relationship between CALCE and Hanyang University in Korea was officially sanctioned by the Korean Government.
- Ph.D. Student Arindam Goswami Wins Motorola Fellowship
The award was presented at the 56th Electronic Components and Technology Conference (ECTC), held May 30 – June 2, 2006 in San Diego, California.
- Bongtae Han to be Promoted to Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Associate Professor Bongtae Han will be promoted to Professor of Mechanical Engineering on July 1, 2006.
- Han Named 2004 Associate Editor of the Year
The department congratulates Professor Han for this outstanding achievement.
- ME Faculty Collaborate with Korean Colleagues
Cooperation between Maryland and Hanyang develops faculty expertise.
- Associate Professor Bongtae Han Appointed SEM Fellow
Associate Professor Bongtae Han was recently elevated to Fellow status as a member of the Society for Experimental Mechanics (SEM).
- Professors Han & Pecht Honored With IEEE Best Paper Award
The department congratulates the authors on this wonderful recognition of their scholarship.
- Han Earns Best Paper Award at Samsung Conference
Congratulations to Professor Han on this outstanding achievement.
- ME Professor Bongtae Han Appointed Associate Editor of ASME Journal
Han was previously an Associate Editor of an international journal, “Experimental Mechanics” from 1999 to 2002.
- Bongtae Han Delivers Keynote at International Congress
Held June 8-11, 2003, on the campus of Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Va.
- Associate Professor Bongtae Han Wins SEM’s Brewer Award
Associate Professor Bongtae Han received the 2001 Brewer Award at the 2001 Annual Conference of the Society for Experimental Mechanics.